Everyday God - Amazon

Friday, January 27, 2023

Whatever is lovely



When I started writing in 2010, I was going through a severe depression.  My thoughts spiraled constantly into negative patterns and I found it hard to be happy or positive about anything.  In November that year, on my late fathers birthday, I decided to start looking for just one positive thing about each day and write about that. 

Philipians 4:8 reads, "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." 

I'll be honest, its not always that easy and I can truly say that when I find myself going down that rabbit whole again, it is because I have taken my eyes off these principles.  Focusing our minds on God and the beautiful things of life now really takes discipline.  The world is constantly bombarding our minds with negative news and bad reports, we need to choose to think God's way. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment