Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Sense of security

We live in a crazy world.  Just today another crazy incident in London has left us all terrified wondering what on earth has happened.  Last month I experienced a break in at our complex which left us all feeling vulnerable.  It seems as if there is no where that we can feel truly safe these days and safety in itself seems to be an illusion. 

Scripture is clear as to where we should be getting our sense of security.  Psalm 91 tells us that our dwelling should be in the Lord and that when we do take refuge in him He will cover us with His feathers in much the same way that a mother hen covers her chicks. 

The other day I was feeling a little vulnerable and as if God had forgotten about me in a particular situation.  When I opened my downstairs curtain the next morning a large feather lay on the patio (I'm guessing from a Hadidah).  I was instantly reminded of Psalm 91 and that God is my source of refuge.

Don't let fear grip you when things go wrong, read Psalm 91 and claim that portion over your own life.... and because we all need reminding I am copying a link for you to read it easily here below. 

Psalm 91

No comments:

Post a Comment