Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, March 27, 2017

Distrust – Its a basket thing

So, I got it wrong. Tale goes back to just after Honey passed, I thought “Ginger” needed a new bed to help 'him' cope with the change. So I bought him the cutest burger bed and he could squeeze himself in and he really seemed to like it. Then along came miss Topaz, so I felt she needed one too. Problem was they did not have stock of that model so I had to buy another one which was slightly larger and did not close in front. No problem, I thought, I'll just cover it with a blanket. I therefore decided Ginger could have the new one and Topaz could get the burger bed.

Well did that plan backfire! Firstly, missy being a shelter cat at the time, had no need for being covered up so she kept jumping out and jumping back into the open basket. Then another kitty behind a blanket in another basket was just too much temptation and she pounced on it constantly. Well summer came and we were back to the old open baskets so all was back to normal, except that the winter beds are both on top of my one cupboard and he can manage to jump up there but she can't. Does she whine about that! Constantly wants to get on top just so she can lie in it too.

Okay, so now I'm thinking the only way to solve this problem is to get her one just like his. Got it......is she interested?....not a chance. Sigh! Then I got to thinking about what's the real problem here, besides the fact that I like spoiling my cats and wasting money on them, dah! I watched her behaviour and she jumps in, looks around as if to say, okay looks the same, but it just isn't mine yet, I don't trust this! Luckily we have some time before it really gets cold so I figured out a plan. I have put the new bed downstairs in her arrival bedroom and when I want her to get in it I just put her food inside and sit with her to get her to settle down and eat. I figure she'll be ready for it by the time its necessary (I hope).

In a cats world trust truly has to be earned and God knows it is no different with us when we first come to Christ and receive Him as saviour. That is why He will woo a new believer by making sure that they specifically see answers to prayers quickly, they experience healing at a fast past and many other things that we have to stand in faith for. Truth be told God never stops answering our prayers, I believe in time we loose our child like faith in Him and that is something we need to focus on again in our spiritual walk so that we can trust our Abba Father's arms just as easily as we did when we first came to Christ.

It truly is a matter of trust. Trust God today to lead you and guide you!


No comments:

Post a Comment