Everyday God - Amazon

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Pretty people

Well now, I wouldn't exactly call myself a looker but I have been told I'm easy on the eye. The other day I was remembering a very cute, funny incident that happened in my late teens while I was living in Empangeni. I was attending a home fellowship meeting with my parents at a families home that had a young baby boy who was just beginning to talk.

The little one had been good all evening all be it active and it came time for prayer. While we were all doing our best not to be distracted and focus on our prayers, the little fellow sat pointing at us one by one and calling out, “people”. We all managed to carry on until he looked at me and pointed and cried out, “pretty people!” Lol! Bless his heart, well by then we were all giggling.

Amy Grant has a beautiful song from her early music career called, “She's got her father's eyes”. In it she sings about us being able to look at others and see the good and beautiful things in the people around us, rather than focusing on the negative. Well, I'd encourage you to do the same and when you look at someone, look at them and think to yourself....”Pretty people.!”

No comments:

Post a Comment