Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, January 25, 2016

Tuck me in

I think I can guess my cats favourite time of day......bedtime!  I'm guessing this is because the bedtime routine includes lots of tickles and love!  I can often tell when they are tired, because like small kids do, they have a particular meow to let me know it is sleepy time.  There is usually much twirling and swirling and sticking bums in the air for tickles while they settle down.  The funny part is that it often takes a number of attempts before they eventually settle down. 

I know how this feels though as I still well remember what it felt like when mommy used to tuck is in to bed when we were kids and by far the most favourite evenings were the ones when mom would read us a short story as we relaxed and got ready to sleep.  There is nothing in the world that is better than a mother's comfort. 

Our comforter, The Holy Spirit, fulfills this role in our faith.  One of the names of God refers to the feminine side of the Godhead and when we are tired and weary the Holy Spirit comforts us like a mother does by reminding us of God's word (like reading a bedtime story) and wraps us in the warmth of His/Her love (like blankets in our bed).  This warmth we feel is the annointed presence of God.

I pray today that the Holy Spirit will wrap you in His arms and make His presence known to you!



No comments:

Post a Comment