Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Seedlings and cover

Friday evenings reckie of the garden revealed something utterly delightful! Somehow some seeds from my raspberry bush must have landed in the flower bed below the main plant and were lying dormant through winter and now they had sprouted into cute little seedlings. I could hardly believe my eyes and I was so glad that I had not weeded that bed two weeks ago as planned as I may have mistaken the small seedlings for another pesky plant the wild strawberries I've been trying to get rid of.

That really made me think. Sometimes in life we pull out or throw away something really valuable because we can't yet see its full potential. Maybe it is a friendship that never quite got going because we refused to make the time to get to know that person. I'm sure there are many more examples but I'll stop there.

Sadly Saturday evening we had quite the storm with rain, wind and hail and my garden took a knock. I have no idea if my seedlings will recover, but now that they are in a separate pot it will be easy to keep an eye on them. The storm revealed one more thing. I had taken a lot of effort to lay new top soil and compost throughout the winter and sadly the storm had washed most of this down the path but the areas that were well covered with ground cover however succeeded in retaining their soil. I will therefore have to make a huge effort to ensure that there is sufficient ground cover planted by the end of this season.

I guess this means that in our spiritual lives we need covering as well. Nothing will achieve this more than having a strong knowledge of God's word. Lets make a commitment together to value people and get to know Gods word so that we can weather the storms of life and see great fruit in the seasons ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment